Acrylic on canvas
$250 each + tax, shipping PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR PURCHASE INFORMATION Wabi Sabi #1, #2, #3, #5, #6
Wabi Sabi #1
Wabi Sabi #2
Wabi Sabi #3
Wabi Sabi #5
Wabi Sabi #6
Local Purchase – Pickup – No shipping charges – Please contact me.
 The center squares on each of the 9 canvases follow the pattern of colors on a color wheel -yellow, orange, red-orange, red, red-violet, violet, blue, green, yellow-green.
 The border around the center square is the complement (or opposite color on the color wheel) of the color in step1.
 Going outward toward the edge of the painting, the color of the next area is analogous (next ) to the color in step 2 on the color wheel.
 The final color is analogous (next) to the color in step 1.
(5) The slash marks on each painting is Wabi Sabi – nothing is perfect.
For example, in the 1st painting above:
- yellow is the center color;
- purple is the next color – purple is opposite yellow on the color wheel;
- violet is the next color – violet is next to purple on the color wheel,
- the last color is green – green is next to the color used in step 1.
To begin, I created a painting precisely following my formula which determined the colors I would use. To breathe life into the painting, I decided I wanted to destroy the perfection through a series of quick, unpremeditated brushstrokes —- Wabi Sabi.