Acrylic on Canvas
$516 + tax, shipping
The bell-house originally contained a bell and a weight-driven mechanism to ring it. The small tower contained the weight. A fog bell was added to the station in 1897, and steam engines were installed to operate the bell. Apparently this system didn’t work very well, because in 1899 a striking machine was installed, powered by a hand-cranked clockwork mechanism. The bell house built in 1897 was adapted with the addition of a tall tower to enclose the weights.